|Title||Instrumental Methods for Differentiation of Frozen-thawed from Fresh Broiler Breast Fillets|
|Article Written by||Samooel Jung, Jae Cheong Lee, Yeonkuk Jung, Min Kyu Kim, Hwa-Young Son, Cheorun Jo|
|Research Done at||Chungnam National University, Korea|
|Published Date||Dec. 16, 2010|
|Species||frozen-thawed chicken breast fillet|
|Key Words||breast fillet, fresh, frozen-thawed, differentiation, instrument|
What the research is about
Torrymeters can be used to differentiate between fresh and frozen-thawed chicken breast fillets:
- The study compared several instrumental methods and found the Torrymeter to be a rapid, easy to use, and reliable tool to differentiate between fresh and frozen-thawed chicken breast fillets.
- Frozen-thawed fillets had significantly lower Torrymeter values compared to fresh fillets throughout 5 days of refrigerated storage. Average values were 2.2 for frozen-thawed vs 11.2 for fresh.
- This differentiation is important for poultry processors and quality control personnel to ensure specifications are met and prevent quality issues from frozen-thawed meat.
- The Torrymeter measures electrical impedance which differs between fresh and frozen-thawed meat due to cell damage from ice crystals formed during freezing.
- This provides an easy way to improve quality control and ensure consumers receive high quality fresh chicken fillets. Preventing sale of frozen-thawed meat as fresh will improve customer satisfaction.
The results from this article indicates that both optical microscopy and Fish Freshness Meter (Torrymeter) measurement is an effective method to differentiate between fresh and frozen-thawed breast fillets. However, optical microscopy may be difficult to implement since it requires much time and effort. The determination of the Torrymeter value is the easiest and most rapid instrumental method among those tested for the differentiation of frozen-thawed chicken breast fillet from fresh one.
The Torrymeter is an ideal rapid quality control tool for poultry processors to differentiate between fresh and frozen-thawed chicken breast fillets. It allows efficient and reliable testing to maximize quality and profitability.
The study concluded that the Torrymeter is the most effective and reliable method tested for rapidly differentiating between fresh and previously frozen-thawed chicken breast fillets.
Key benefits of using the Torrymeter:
- Provides objective results in seconds through simple electrical impedance measurement
- Consistently and significantly differentiates fresh from frozen-thawed fillets
- Non-destructive, rapid testing with minimal training required
- Low cost and easy to use compared to other instrumentation
- Allows quality control personnel to efficiently ensure freshness specifications are met
- Prevents quality issues and customer dissatisfaction from sale of thawed meat as fresh
- Improves profitability through quality control and optimization
This research evaluated several current methods for the differentiation between fresh and frozen-thawed breast fillets with the goal of protecting the domestic industry and consumers. Optical microscopy was able to differentiate between fresh and frozen-thawed breast fillets; however, it may be difficult to apply in a market setting due to time and personnel constraints. The pH and K-value did not provide satisfactory results for the differentiation of frozen-thawed breast fillets from fresh ones during storage.
The Torrymeter is an ideal tool for poultry processors to rapidly differentiate between fresh and frozen-thawed chicken breast fillets. It enables efficient quality control testing to maximize product quality and customer satisfaction.
Assurant Innovations take
Torrymeters can be used on Chicken as well, it’s not only for Fish!
As a quality control manager or poultry processor, you know how crucial it is to deliver high-quality fresh chicken to meet consumer demand and satisfaction. However, you also face major challenges in ensuring product specifications are met and preventing issues like selling thawed meat as fresh. This ultimately hurts your brand reputation and profitability.
That’s why you need the Torrymeter – the rapid, reliable solution to effortlessly differentiate between fresh and previously frozen-thawed chicken fillets.
In seconds, the Torrymeter provides objective, electrical impedance measurements to consistently distinguish fresh from frozen-thawed meat. Minimal training is required on this user-friendly device.
- Non-destructive, real-time quality analysis
- Consistent and significant difference in fresh versus thawed
- Cost-effective and easy to operate
- Prevents customer dissatisfaction and brand damage
- Optimizes quality control efficiency and profitability
Research proves the Torrymeter is the most effective and rapid method for fresh versus frozen-thawed testing. It beats out all other instruments and sensory techniques.
Don’t risk the headaches of selling thawed-for-fresh or fail audits. Digitize your quality control into the future with the Torrymeter – the simple solution for ultimate quality and profit. Satisfy customers and your bottom line.
Get ahead of your competition – start using it today! Contact us today to order the Torrymeter and take your poultry business to the next level of success!